Dedicated Emergency Service
Our Emergency Vets service provides your pet with a full accident and emergency service throughout the day and night. It is available to all pet owners in West Yorkshire. Open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Calder Vets provides a 24 hour, 365 day Night Service. Based in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, vets and nurses are on-site to offer consultation, hospitalisation and treatment.
The hospital has a team of vets and nurses working throughout the night, who are comprehensively trained in emergency medicine. If your pet becomes ill or is injured we are ready to help. Our hospital is fully equipped to cater for all accident and emergency cases.
Our Night Service is based at:
Calder Vets Hospital
What to do in a pet emergency
- Try to keep calm – your pet will need your support
- Stay safe – be aware of situations that may pose a threat to your own safety
- Call a vet for further advice or instruction – 01924 465592 Night Service
- Remember – an injured or unwell animal may behave unpredictably, even if usually well natured. If you are bitten or scratched consult your GP or attend A&E.
Unsure if your pet needs help?
If you are unsure as to whether your pet needs urgent medical attention, please phone our emergency vets. We are here to offer you advice and guidance.
If your pet needs to see a vet as a matter of urgency:
Phone the emergency vets to let them know to expect you – 01924 465592. We will need to take some basic information so that we can prepare for your arrival.If applicable, please bring details of any medication your pet is on, bring the medication if you can.
Contacting Calder Emergency Vets
We ask you to phone us before setting off (01924 465592) to the hospital with your pet, to give us an approximate arrival time.
This ensures our veterinary surgeons and nurses know that you are on your way and that you can be seen by a vet without delay. Our vets and nurses can be called throughout the night to provide you with advice if you are worried about your pet.
- Emergency Out of Hours Consultation (Mon–Fri 8:30pm–11pm - Standard consulting fee, 11pm–8am - £115, Sat–Sun 6pm–9am - £115)
Note for all home visits, consultation and treatment/medication are extra.