Be a part of our Linnaeus Graduate Development Programme!
At Calder Vets we are a Tier 3 Hospital based in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire. We are only a 13-minute train ride from the city of Leeds with easy access to the beautiful Peak District and the city of York less than 1 hour away. Our passionate and dedicated team at Calder Vets are excited to support new graduates in their transition from university to clinical practice.
We are a high standard primary care and referral Tier 3 Hospital with ten satellite clinics. We practise an excellent level of patient care in our first-class facilities (3 theatres, separate cat/dog/exotic wards, XR/USS/on-site CT/visiting MRI, rigid/flexible endoscopy/dental with XR, lab, rehab centre) and we are proud to provide our own 24-hour on-site emergency care through our dedicated ECC night team. Development and support opportunities are excellent with certificate holders (or working towards) in surgery, imaging, ECC, ophthalmology, dentistry and medicine.
- Our ethos is clinical excellence, and we try and live by our core values, client and patient care is at the heart of what we do
- We are working towards our Investors in the Environment Bronze award
- We prioritise mental health and wellbeing with a team of trained Mental Health First Aiders in the practice. We have a nice break area and pudding Fridays!
- Work-life balance is important to us and our full-time rota is 40 hours with a 4 day week plus 1 in 4 weekends.
How you’ll benefit
Linnaeus has already seen a number of graduates progress within the group and we’re always on the look-out for future talent to join us. We are committed to supporting you to develop yourself and your career. You will have the opportunity to share your ideas and help shape our continued commitment to developing new treatments and technological advancements in the industry. You’ll benefit from:
- A 12-month Graduate Development Programme (GDP) aligned with the RCVS VetGDP
- Subsequent 12-month Early Careers Programme (ECP)
- Starting salary from £34,000 with a review at 12 months
- RCVS Membership fees, professional indemnity insurance and an additional membership of choice (BVA or BSAVA) provided
- Graduate roles available throughout the UK.
- Graduate Development Programme (GDP):
- 12 core educational days including an intensive pre-start training camp
- Focus on fundamental primary care clinical and professional skills
- Early Careers Programme (ECP):
- Up to 5 days flexible CPD of your own choice, plus 6 core educational days on more advanced topics
- Flexibility to attend CPD of your own choice
- Graduate specific practical training days
- Additional CPD opportunities outside of the GDP – conference attendance, external CPD, practice visits
- Access to an extensive online resource library with 150+ hours of on-demand content
- Access to exclusive Linnaeus CPD courses free of charge
- In-practice primary mentor and trained VetGDP Adviser
- In-practice secondary mentor
- Peer-to-peer support through GDP networking and social events
- Dedicated graduate contact point within the Linnaeus Central Support Team
- Placement at a supportive practice.
- Permanent contract within Linnaeus Veterinary Limited
- Support to map out your own career journey
- Flexibility to move within the Linnaeus family on graduation