A family’s much-loved miniature dachshund is standing on his own feet after vets in Yorkshire helped him to walk again. Seven-year-old Jasper was referred to Calder Vets’ 24-hour animal hospital in Dewsbury after losing the use of his hind legs overnight. Amid concerns of a spinal injury which was affecting nerve signals from the feet
A cat owner has been reunited with her beloved pet after he turned up at the family home after being missing for nearly three years. Little Bit, a 12-year-old tabby, went missing from his Denby Dale home just over two-and-a-half years ago and owner Steph Mellor-Smith had all but given up hope of seeing her
Today is a sad day for Calder Vets, as we say goodbye to a very important member of our team. Louis Turner has been with us since 1991 as our resident builder. He’s built practices from the ground up and carried out extensive refurbishment work on all of our 12 practices. As well as being
We are asking our clients to be extra vigilant following recent admissions of cats presenting Acute Renal Failure (ARF). This condition can have many causes, one of the main ones is ethylene glycol toxicity, which is found in anti-freeze, screen wash, brake fluid, coolants and some kinds of ink. The ingestion of anti-freeze and following
Cat diabetes is a common endocrine condition and in most cases can be diagnosed and managed successfully. Management of the condition can be complex as treatment may need to be adjusted to the individual cat as Emma experienced with her cat Ollie.
We recently received some great feedback from a client called Andrew about his experience with Calder Vets when his dog, Norah, suffered from a Lip Avulsion injury. The following, with full permission, is copied directly from Andrews Facebook page.
Dewsbury veterinary clinic has been awarded the highest level certificate in Cat Care by The International Society for Feline Medicine reflecting our investment in the best facilities and the care and dedication of our staff
A new strain of Rabbit Haemorrhagic Disease Virus (RHDV) has been discovered. Find out the latest news and information about the disease including vaccinations.
Leaving your dog in the car on a hot day can be very dangerous. With temperatures soaring, conditions can become deadly in a matter of minutes.
It’s Rabbit Awareness week 18th – 26th of June 2016!