Dewsbury veterinary clinic has been awarded the highest level certificate in Cat Care by The International Society for Feline Medicine reflecting our investment in the best facilities and the care and dedication of our staff
Calder Vets Dewsbury are proud to have been officially certified as a Gold standard “Cat Friendly Clinic” by The International Society for Feline Medicine (ISFM)!
The “Cat Friendly Clinic” scheme is a worldwide programme from the ISFM which is the veterinary division of International Cat Care. This is an internationally recognised scheme whose main aim is to ensure all cats in veterinary practice have the best experience possible. They award certificates to practices at three different levels, Bronze, Silver and Gold and Calder Vets Dewsbury have achieved the highest level!
Being recognised for such an accreditation reflects not only the state-of-the-art facilities in the hospital, but also the highly trained and compassionate staff all of whom understand and appreciate the unique difficulties worried clients often face when bringing their cat into a veterinary hospital.
How did Dewsbury get gold standard?
- A special cat only ward with large kennels specifically orientated so cats cannot see each other, reducing anxiety and stress
- Each kennel has a hide in them allowing timid cats to shelter
- A dedicated cat only section in the waiting room allowing cats to wait away from dogs
- A dedicated cat consultation room so cats can be examined in an area free from the smells and sights of dogs
- Calming Feliway diffusers in the cat waiting area, consultation room and Feliway sprayed towels to cover cats in baskets
One of the most important aspects of all our veterinary practices is that we have many cat advocates. These are nurses who are knowledgeable about cat behaviour and have promised to encourage cat friendly handling and prevent unnecessary stress.
This gold standard award is testament to the fact that we acknowledge the unique difficulties cats and their owners have. We strive to make your experience as pleasant as possible with excellent facilities and staff that will treat your cat with the respect, understanding and gentleness it deserves.
If you need any more information about our award or our facilities please don’t hesitate to get in touch.