We are a long established first opinion Small Animal Veterinary Hospital with a fantastic mix of bonded clients. We are able to boast excellent facilities; an emphasis on teamwork with an excellent support network for new staff members and high standards of both patient and client care.
Calder Vets is a long established first opinion, small animal practice, with our central Hospital in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire. We also have 11 satellite clinics across South & West Yorkshire, including excellent support from our sister referral Hospital, Paragon Veterinary Referrals.
We’re passionate veterinary professionals who are committed to providing exceptional care. Our mission is to provide high quality healthcare and strive to make visiting the vets a positive experience for our patients and clients. Our core values are Clinical Excellence, Client Care, Patient Care, Teamwork, Development and Positivity. We are looking for like-minded team members to come and join our fantastic team.
Our Dewsbury Hospital is seeking a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our team. This role would suit an experienced RVN or newly qualified nurse, ready to build on their previous experiences gained whilst studying.
This role will enable the ideal candidate to develop their nursing skills through:
• Assisting with the care of animals
• Undertaking tasks set by senior members of staff in the basic care and running of the practice
• Communicating with clients, meeting and greeting and completing registrations
• Monitoring in-patients, providing care and appropriate diets.
• Assisting vets during examinations and surgeries to ensure the correct procedures are followed for the cleaning and sterilising of instruments, equipment and materials
Our Dewsbury Hospital is a short distance from the A1 and M62, easily accessible from outside of the local area. We have excellent facilities including on site CT, dental suite, digital x-ray and dental x-ray, ultrasound, in-house lab, endoscopy, excellent anaesthetic monitoring equipment including multiparameter monitors, separate wards for surgical, medical, isolation, cats, exotics and outpatients.
Our ideal candidate will offer the highest standards of clinical and client care, empathy and be willing to provide valuable peer support to our student veterinary nurses and patient care assistants.
In return, we will offer you:
• A competitive salary
• 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
• Paid day off on your birthday
• CPD allowance
• Paid professional fees, including RCVS and VDS fees
• Pension Scheme
• Staff Discount Scheme
• Employee Assistance Scheme