Are you a Registered Veterinary Nurse looking to take the next step in your career? Are you keen to work with a supportive and welcoming team? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Calder Vets is a long established first opinion, small animal practice, with our central hospital in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire. We also have 11 satellite clinics across South & West Yorkshire, including excellent support from our sister referral hospital, Paragon Veterinary Referrals.
We’re passionate veterinary professionals who are committed to providing exceptional care. Our mission is to provide high quality healthcare and strive to make visiting the vets a positive experience for our patients and clients. Our core values are Clinical Excellence, Client Care, Patient Care, Teamwork, Development and Positivity. We are looking for like-minded team members to come and join our fantastic team.
We are looking for a Lead Nurse (RVN) to join our Halton branch. This role would suit an RVN with previous experience leading a small team who is able to encourage and support the growth and development of the branch and team members they are leading.
This role will enable the ideal candidate to develop both their nursing and leadership skills through:
• Assisting with the care of patients
• Communicating with clients, meeting and greeting and completing registrations
• Monitoring in-patients, providing care and appropriate diets
• Assisting vets during examinations and surgeries to ensure the correct procedures are followed for the cleaning and sterilising of instruments, equipment and materials
• Overseeing the running and management of your branche with support from our Senior Leadership Team
• Resolving client complaints and preventing escalation, whilst guiding and enabling your team members to develop these skills
• Line managing the nurses, reception and support team members
• Identifying areas of development within your branches and team and having the autonomy and support to see these through
Our Halton branch is an operating branch which is located approximately 15 minute drive from the M1, making it easily accessible for those living outside of the local area. We have excellent facilities including digital x-ray and dental x-ray, ultrasound, in-house biochemistry, excellent anaesthetic monitoring equipment including capnography and blood pressure monitoring, separate dog and cat wards as well as vet and nurse consulting rooms.
Our ideal candidate will offer the highest standards of clinical and client care, empathy and be willing to provide valuable peer support to our student veterinary nurses and patient care assistants.
In return, we will offer you:
• A competitive salary
• 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
• Paid day off on your birthday
• CPD allowance
• Paid professional fees, including RCVS and VDS fees
• Pension Scheme
• Staff Discount Scheme
• Employee Assistance Scheme