If you are a small animal vet looking for an exciting new opportunity, apply to work with our first opinion clients.
Calder Vets is a 12 site first opinion practice with the central hub at our busy Tier 3 Hospital in Dewsbury. Our ethos is clinical excellence and we try and live by our Core Values. Client and patient care is at the heart of what we do.
Brighouse is a busy fully operational site with 2 consult rooms, theatre, imaging, dental X-Ray, ultrasound and capnography. All our branches have support from 24/7 out-of-hours Hospital in Dewsbury and the specialists at Paragon Veterinary Referrals.
We are looking for a patient-focussed vet who is comfortable offering gold standard care at all times. A candidate with 2 years or more experience would be ideal.
We encourage our vets to undertake certificates and within the practice we have 6 cert holders and another 6 working towards one, covering surgery, medicine, imaging, cardiology and derm. Our colleagues at Paragon Veterinary Referrals also provide regular lunchtime CPD sessions and are on hand to provide case advice over the phone, teleradiology and referral when needed.
We also believe in work:life balance - We firmly believe everyone should have a lunch break and everyone should expect to leave on time.
Being sociable together is important to us and we have regular events that you can choose to participate in, including the Tour de Calder Vets bike ride, cocktail making classes and summer parties.
What we can offer you:
- Leadership team that care about you
- Friendly, supportive team environment
- A commitment to personal development and CPD, including certificates
- Clinical freedom, no targets
- An ability to nurture individual talents and interests, wherever possible
- Excellent salary package commensurate with experience
- RCVS fees paid
What we expect from you:
- Excellent communication and client care skills
- A patient-focused approach with an ability to recommend what you genuinely feel is best for each patient
- A willingness to learn, adapt, grow and discuss cases with colleagues in a collaborative atmosphere
If you think our team is somewhere you would like to develop your career then please get in touch. We would love to hear from you.