If you are a small animal vet looking for an exciting new opportunity, apply to work with our first opinion clients.
Calder Vets is a 13 site first opinion practice with the central hub at our busy Tier 3 Hospital in Dewsbury. Our ethos is clinical excellence and we try and live by our Core Values. Client and patient care is at the heart of what we do.
We are looking for a vet to take the lead with our Tingley branch. Tingley is a growing branch with friendly, bonded clients. Consults are sole charge 8.30-10.30 and 4-6 (potentially one late night 4-7.30 in exchange for early finish another day), with operating time at our busy Wakefield Surgery alongside 2-3 other vets in between.
We encourage our vets to undertake certificates and within the practice we have 6 cert holders and another 6 working towards one, covering surgery, medicine, imaging, cardiology and derm. We hold regular clinical clubs, including monthly with our sister site at Paragon Veterinary Referrals and their Specialist led team. The Paragon team also provide regular lunchtime CPD sessions and are on hand to provide case advice over the phone, teleradiology and referral when needed.
We also believe in work:life balance - our vets work a 40 hour week over 3.5 days/1 in 4 weekends and so have a full day and a half off each week. We firmly believe everyone should have a lunch break and everyone should expect to leave on time.
Being sociable together is important to us and we have regular events that you can choose to participate in, including the Tour de Calder Vets bike ride, cocktail making classes and summer parties.
What we can offer you:
- Leadership team that care about you
- Friendly, supportive team environment
- A commitment to personal development and CPD, including certificates
- Clinical freedom, no targets
- An ability to nurture individual talents and interests, wherever possible
- Excellent salary package commensurate with experience (incl RCVS fees paid, 6.6wks hol, £2k CPD)
What we expect from you:
- Excellent communication and client care skills
- A patient-focused approach with an ability to recommend what you genuinely feel is best for each patient
- A willingness to learn, adapt, grow and discuss cases with colleagues in a collaborative atmosphere
If you think our team is somewhere you would like to develop your career then please get in touch. We would love to hear from you.