We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious RVN to join us as our Senior Nursing Manager.
Are you passionate about the importance of Veterinary Nursing? Do you think you could be the voice of our nurses on our Senior Leadership Team?
This key leadership role would be ideal for an RVN with experience leading a large team, looking to progress their career to the next level.
Calder Vets is a 13 site Primary Care Practice with a central hub at our busy Tier 3 Hospital in Dewsbury. We are proud to be a member of the Linnaeus Group. Our ethos is clinical excellence and we try and live by our Core Values. Client and patient care is at the heart of what we do.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- People Leadership & Management – To understand Calder Vets’ Core Values and be a culture leader of the practice and a positive presence in the workplace. To be accountable for the management of the nursing team. Directly line managing the Lead Nurses.
- Clinical Leadership – To enable provision of a uniform, clinically excellent, gold standard patient and client service through clinical audit, planning and delivery of in house and external training.
- Operational Integrity – To work with other members of the Senior Leadership Team to ensure excellent communication, the smooth running of the practice and practice growth.
Key Qualifications and Skills
- Full, clean driving license
- RVN with 5+ years’ experience within clinical practice
- Experience managing a large team in a multi-site veterinary practice OR ability to demonstrate strong leadership and team management skills
- Ability to demonstrate excellent knowledge of veterinary nursing professional roles and responsibilities & to articulate what ‘best practice’ looks like in terms of patient care
- Ideally holder of an Advanced Veterinary Nursing qualification but at least evidence of other qualifications/career progression to date
Linnaeus Group is a vibrant, forward-thinking partnership of highly respected veterinary practices across the UK who put patient care at the heart of everything they do.