Calder Vets acknowledge that our operations have an effect on the environment, and we are committed to reducing our environmental impact through a journey of continual improvement by working through the Investors in the Environment accreditation scheme.
We are proud that Calder Vets are working towards their Bronze accreditation from Investors in the Environment (iiE).
We have identified key areas that contribute to our environmental and carbon footprint:
- Consumption of electricity, gas, water, and other fuels
- Use of anaesthetic gases
- Waste generation
- Transport emissions
- Use of raw materials, including medications
- Procured goods and services with their own environmental impacts
Our environmental commitment can be demonstrated in our established objectives and goals below:
- Compliance with all applicable environmental regulations and public/consumer expectations.
- Monitoring our key resource usage and implementing conservation techniques to achieve our environmental targets.
- Implement a waste/recycling policy and sustainable procurement policy.
- Minimising unsustainable transport use.
- Take part in One Health sustainability project with our staff.
- Working with suppliers to ensure they acknowledge and decrease the environmental impact of their products and transportation.
- Publishing and distribution of an annual organizational sustainability report.
Anna Gaughan, our Sustainability Lead, has designated responsibility for the day-to-day implementation of this policy. Environmental Sustainability (EnSus) leads will be nominated for each operating cluster within our business.
The policy will be reviewed every year as part of the organisation’s overall environment management plan.
Contact details for sustainability enquiries: